It's a great time to be in Pflugerville!
The City of Pflugerville is seeking its next SCADA Technician to join our team! The person we seek will believe in and exhibit the City's P.F.I.R.S.T. core values: Positive, Forward-thinking, Integrity, Resilience, Service, and Teamwork.
City of Pflugerville employees enjoy three (3) weeks of paid vacation along with 14 paid holidays a year, an attractive retirement plan where the City puts in 2 dollars for every 1 dollar you put into retirement, and the possibility to work from home!
As a SCADA Technician for the City, you will be performing various technical tasks in support of the SCADA system, including calibrating equipment, performing overall maintenance, and correcting problems with equipment.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Develops, updates, and maintains all aspects of the SCADA system including programming and upgrading computers and software, testing, programming, troubleshooting, and maintenance of the systems.
- Maintains processes and instruments within the SCADA/I&C system used to indicate, measure, and control variables.
- Maintains UPS equipment by diagnosing software to measure uninterruptable power supply capacity; replaces batteries if the ability is below an acceptable percentage.
- Performs calibrations and conformance tests within the SCADA/I&C system to measure and control variables associated with the SCADA/I&C systems.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
Formal Education: Associate degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
Relatable Work Experience: One (1) year of experience as a SCADA technician or in a similar position.
Certification Qualifications: Ability to acquire ISA Certified Control Systems Technician Level 1 Certification within two (2) years of employment.
- Flexible scheduling and the opportunity to work from home.
- 10 hours of vacation leave per month, 3 weeks per year.
- 8 hours of sick leave per month, 12 days per year.
- Sick leave incentive pay- Employees are compensated in December each year for 25% of their unused sick leave accumulated during the preceding fiscal year.
- Medical insurance and benefits are provided at zero premium cost to the employee.
- 50% dependent health benefits premium contribution.
- Dental benefits are provided at zero premium cost to the employee.
- 24 hours of paid personal holiday leave each fiscal year.
- 10 wellness hours each fiscal year for eligible preventive and mental health services.
- Longevity pay of $8 per month begins with the first anniversary and will be paid on a separate paycheck in December of each year.
- Retirement plan includes a 7% contribution of an employee's gross salary to the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) with a City contribution match of 2 to 1 (14%) at retirement.
- Retirement eligibility requires 5 years of service at age 60 or 20 years of service at any age.
- Employees also have an additional retirement fund option to participate in a 457 plan.
- Long-Term Disability is employer-paid and covers 60% of the employee's salary up to $7,500.
- Military leave provides up to 15 days of paid leave per fiscal year for eligible employees.
- Education reimbursement assistance up to $5,000 per fiscal year.
- Employer-paid basic term life insurance policy two (2) times an employee's base salary, up to $325K maximum.
- 40 paid service hours are available to volunteer within our community.
- Up to 160 hours of paid parental leave to eligible employees following the birth of an employee's child or the placement of a child with an employee in connection with adoption, foster care, or other legal placement to care for and bond with the child.
For more details about the benefits offered by the City please visit https://www.pflugervilletx.gov/city-government/people-and-culture/benefits.
If you are interested in making a difference in the community and wish to join the Pflugerville team, go to pflugervilletx.gov under Employment Opportunities and apply today!