At Regional Transportation District (RTD), We make lives better through connections!
When you join RTD, you will be among dedicated employees exhibiting RTD's values of passion, respect, diversity, trustworthiness, collaboration, and ownership. RTD is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. As part of our diversity value statement, we encourage our employees to honor diversity in thought, people, and experience. Come join RTD on this great journey to be the trusted leader in mobility, delivering excellence and value to our customers and community.
RTD Employee Benefits: https://www.rtd-denver.com/careers/benefits
(RTD Represented Employee Benefits: Please refer to the Labor Agreement included in the above link for details.)
This position is responsible for working closely with employees, supervisors, and management to assist in developing policies that ensure the safety of workers. This includes implementing safety management systems, system safety, occupational safety, and construction safety for the organization’s transit systems, facilities, and properties. Salary Range: $72,384 - $112,196
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides technical advice to rail, bus and capital programs, identifying risks with regard to safe working practices and compliance with relevant safety policies and procedures.
• Assists with the implementation of directives, policies, rulebooks, SOPs, and processes against regulatory requirements regarding auditing and oversight
• Assists in accident, incident, and event investigations. Provides training/coaching and processes workflow changes. Manages change.
• Works with operations and maintenance to ensure hazards and safety concerns are identified and are mitigated to an acceptable level of risk.
• Participates in internal, third party, and regulatory audits synthesizing safety data into actionable items for continuous improvement of the Safety Management System.
• Assists with safety open houses, safety committee meetings, and utilizes communication technologies to disseminate safety policy/procedure changes.
All job-related duties as assigned.
• Associates Degree in Occupational Safety and Health / Engineering or equivalent education or experience.
• Transportation Safety and Security Program (TSSP) Certification required or the ability to achieve certification within three years of hire.
• A minimum of two years of experience in Occupational Safety and Health Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Technical knowledge and experience in implementing and managing regulatory compliance including: Standardization (ISO), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Department of Transportation (DOT), Federal Transit Administration (FTA), and the Colorado Public Utilities Commission (COPUC).
• Proficiency in operations and maintenance activities, processes and procedures.
• Proficiency in event, accident and incident investigation.
• Proficient in Safety Management Systems.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
• Ability to use sound judgment.
• Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with attention to details.
An equivalent combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
The work environment is both in the field and in the office with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Based on job performance, experience, education and position availability the next step on the career map for this position may be:
Transit Safety Specialist, Transit Environmental Specialist or, Transit Safety Assurance and Certification Specialist
$73,470.00 - $103,776.75 Annual
RTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy [ https://www.rtd-denver.com/sites/default/files/files/2022-12/EEO%20Policy%20Statement-%20UPDATED.pdf ]
RTD posts a compensation range that represents a good faith estimate of what RTD anticipates paying for the position at the time of posting. Starting salary is based on the candidate’s relevant and verified education, training and work experience. Applicants should submit all relevant and verifiable education, training and work experiences at the time of application.