How to Apply
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 270+ reviews.
New Higher Salary: 70,967 - $138,386
We are hiring a Resident Engineer on our Nash Construction team.
In this role, you will:
- Administer major construction project contracts to ensure timely delivery, budget compliance, and staff supervision engaged in the inspection of these projects, including Construction Engineering & Inspection (CEI) staff, to ensure quality work and safety.
- Perform contract administration including communicating daily with contractors and construction office staff/
- Address project issues through Supplemental Agreements and Claims as needed.
- Create and monitor project records (correspondence, estimates, daily reports, and project material certification).
- Respond to inquiries from the public, local government, and news media.
- Schedule and lead meetings with contractors, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Perform project final inspection and warranty reviews.
- Supervise CEI staff including selecting based on needs & available candidates, monitoring performance, and approving timesheets.
What You Bring
- Contract administration expertise to ensure projects are constructed in accordance with NCDOT's Specifications, Standard Drawings, and Policies.
- Engineering analysis experience working on complex contract administration issues, and the timely approval/denial of these issues through Supplemental Agreements and Claims.
- Management experience supervising employees including Construction Engineering Inspection staff to meet Department goals.
- Customer service experience related to solving problems involving explaining engineering concepts to customer groups.
- Experience managing multiple projects and directing multiple work crews.
- Experience supervising 3+ permanent employees, contractors, and/or consultants.
- Ability to apply engineering principles to difficult/complex engineering problems and make sound recommendations and decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Understanding of general NCDOT policies and procedures and their application.
- We may require registration as a professional engineer with the NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, and
- 4+ years of relevant experience, and
- 2+ years of supervisory experience; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Call me: Melissa Harrison at 252-640-6400.