How to Apply
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don't take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork
. We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 270+ reviews.
NEW HIGHER SALARY: $54,197 - $94,844
We are hiring a senior Right of Way (ROW) Agent to join our Division 9 ROW team that manages our acquisition of all necessary Rights of Way and Easements for the construction/improvement of all highway projects on the state highway system.
In this role you will:
- Supervise, assist, plan, manage, negotiate, direct, and coordinate highway right of way acquisitions and relocations on primary, secondary, urban and other projects assigned to the Division.
- Assist our Division ROW Agent in directing the daily goals and responsibilities.
- Lead more complex and specialized acquisitions requiring senior analytical, problem solving, negotiation, and communications skills.
- Assist the Division Agent with management of the negotiation and acquisition of rights of way for the construction and maintenance of the state transportation network.
- Provide property management including maintenance and rental of properties acquired for future projects until such time they can be removed.
- Lead the inspection, abatement and demolition of structures acquired by NCDOT that must be removed from the ROW.
- Provide right of way information/documentation within NCDOT, to the public, and to other government agencies.
- Indirectly supervise Real Property Agents and assist in the management and supervision of negotiations and acquisitions of rights of way for the construction and maintenance of the state transportation network through NCDOT staff and private consulting firms.
- Supervise other agents and provide technical assistance regarding negotiations, relocations, construction, policies and procedures to the Division Right of Way office staff.
- Explain right of way concepts and procedures by written and verbal communications.
- Monitor and track schedules and workloads within the Division to ensure timely right of way acquisition completion and project letting.
- Assist with the training of new ROW agents and coordinate ROW acquisition activities with government agencies, other NCDOT teams, and property owners.
- Sell residual and surplus property, manage assets, and provide oversight of consultants and property management contracts.
What You Bring
- Negotiations and relocation experience, including a thorough knowledge of the Uniform Relocation and Real Property Act as it relates to right of way relocations.
- Working knowledge of plan reading.
- Project management experience.
- Experience preparing and researching legal instruments and public records, drafting deed descriptions, and measuring right of way areas.
- Experience managing multiple priorities within time constraints.
Education & Experience
- Masters degree in Business, Economics, Real Estate or related field, and
- 1+ years of experience in the development, appraisal, or brokerage of commercial/industrial real estate; or
- Bachelors degree in Business, Economics, Real Estate or related field (i.e., Civil or Structural Engineering, Architecture), and
- 3+ years of experience in the development, appraisal, or brokerage of commercial/industrial real estate; or
- An equivalent combination or education and experience.
Call me: Mae Chamblee at 336-760-8737,