How to Apply
This posting is for 2 openings and your application will be considered for BOTH of them!
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 270+ reviews.
NEW HIGHER SALARY: $65,876 - $115,283
We are looking for 2 senior project engineers to join our Division 12 Project Delivery team.
In this role, you will:
- Assist Division staff by providing project management and engineering support to ensure we effectively manage project development efforts through coordination with Division Staff, Technical Units, and internal/external partners.
- Manage all aspects of each assigned project from inception to completion including project feasibility, planning, public involvement, project design, right-of way acquisition, environmental issues, budget, and project letting to ensure timely delivery and development within the scope, schedule, and budget for each assigned project.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with public officials, consultants, environmental agencies, the public and NCDOT staff.
- Provide regular status reports of projects and funding sources to the Project Development Team Lead, Division Project Development Engineer, and Division Engineers.
What You Bring
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of transportation and civil engineering concepts, practices, and theories used in the project development, construction of transportation facilities, and NCDOT Standard Specifications and contracting procedures.
- Experience interpreting and verbally/in writing communicating details of plans, project documents, policies, and procedures, to convey information to consultants, NCDOT staff, and other stakeholders.
- Experience leading and maintaining positive working relationships with environmental agencies, public officials, consultants, contractors, and NCDOT staff to find acceptable solutions to infrastructure project problems.
- Knowledge of time and budget management practices and requirements needed for development of multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Skills in technical writing, public speaking with technical and nontechnical groups.
- Ability to deliver clear and timely written and verbal communications with internal and external customers, including local governments, private consulting firms, and the public.
- Proficiency in, or the ability to become proficient in, our SAP Financial Management and STaRS project management systems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, and
- 4+ years of relevant experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Candidates with a driver's license.
- We may require you to be registered as a professional engineer by the NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
Call me: Connie Johnson at 980-552-4207.