It's a great time to work in Pflugerville!
The City of Pflugerville is seeking its next Deputy Court Clerk to join our team! The person we seek will believe in and exhibit the City's P.F.I.R.S.T. core values: Positive, Forward-thinking, Integrity, Resilience, Service, and Teamwork.
City of Pflugerville employees enjoy three (3) weeks of paid vacation along with 14 paid holidays a year and an attractive retirement plan where the City puts in 2 dollars for every 1 dollar you put into retirement!
As a Deputy Court Clerk for the City, you will be providing excellent customer service in processing a wide variety of court cases of the Pflugerville Municipal Court. This position processes collection of fines, court costs, and payments.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Collects public funds at the Municipal Court service window by receiving cash, checks, money orders, and credit card payments in person, by mail, and online; issues receipts and credits payments on account for fines and other Court-related business for transactions requiring knowledge of payment and status codes, regulations, and departmental policy.
- Attends walk-in customers, and receives court documents from public, defendants, and attorneys. Provides public information and customer service assistance by explaining court procedures and the different options available to defendants in person, by telephone, mail, e-mail, or fax. Refers customers to appropriate staff for assistance with sensitive and private matters.
- Processes online payments and enters notes in the case management system to release paid violations.
- Exercises initiative, judgment, and discretion when handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Verifies daily collections of court fines and fees.
- Processes and reviews community service orders, verifies completion of community service hours, submittal to the court; dates and closes case.
- Prepares and schedules cases for Show Cause hearings on defendants that fail to comply with court agreements or fail to meet their payment schedule.
- Prepares and mails appropriate court case letters and documentation to defendants.
- Processes daily recording of case disposition, court orders, and arraignments in the case management system.
- Answers inquiries or questions concerning court matters in person, by telephone, mail, e-mail, or fax.
- Explains procedures, options, and forms to parties in case.
- Verifies insurance coverage and updates/closes file.
- Provides other general office services as required.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
Formal Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Relatable Work Experience: Two (2) years of experience in Municipal Court. Valid Texas Driver's License. Must be able to obtain and maintain Court clerk Level I certification within 12 months of hire date.
Preferred Qualifications: Municipal Court Clerk Certification.
Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, applicants are permitted to substitute two years of related full-time experience for one year of higher education or one year of related higher education for two years of experience to meet the minimum requirements of the job. One year of full-time experience is define as 30 or more hours worked per week for 12 months. One year of higher education is defined as 30 credit hours completed at an accredited college or university.
- 10 hours of vacation leave per month, 3 weeks per year.
- 8 hours of sick leave per month, 12 days per year.
- Sick leave incentive pay- Employees are compensated in December each year for 25% of their unused sick leave accumulated during the preceding fiscal year.
- Medical insurance and benefits provided at zero premium cost to the employee.
- 50% employer dependent health benefits premium contribution.
- Dental benefits are provided at zero premium cost to the employee.
- 24 hours of paid personal holiday leave each fiscal year.
- 10 wellness hours each fiscal year for eligible preventive and mental health services.
- Longevity pays of $8 per month begins with the first anniversary and will be paid on a separate paycheck in December of each year.
- Retirement plan includes a 7% contribution of an employee's gross salary to the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) with a City contribution match of 2 to 1 (14%) at retirement.
- Retirement eligibility requires 5 years of service at age 60 or 20 years of service at any age.
- Employees also have an additional retirement fund option to participate in a 457 plan.
- Long-Term Disability is employer-paid and covers 60% of the employee's salary up to $7,500.
- Military leave provides up to 15 days of paid leave per fiscal year for eligible employees.
- Education reimbursement assistance up to $5,000 per fiscal year.
- Employer-paid basic term life insurance policy two (2) times an employee's base salary, up to $325K maximum.
- 40 paid service hours are available to volunteer within our community.
- Up to 160 hours of paid parental leave to eligible employees following the birth of an employee's child or the placement of a child with an employee in connection with adoption, foster care, or other legal placement to care for and bond with the child.
For more details about the benefits offered by the City please visit https://www.pflugervilletx.gov/city-government/people-and-culture/benefits.
If you are interested in making a difference in the community and wish to be a part of the Pflugerville team, go to pflugervilletx.gov under Employment Opportunities and apply today!