The City of Lenexa is seeking exceptional part-time, year-round Lifeguards to staff our state-of- the-art Recreation Center facility. One of the highlights of our Rec Center is a 14,000 square-foot pool with zero-depth entry, two 40-foot-tall slides, a lazy river, a deep water well with a three-meter platform and 20-foot climbing wall, three lanes for lap swimming and recreation, a warm water wellness pool and an interactive water play structure.
Hours: Available to work evenings and weekends.
The Lifeguards are responsible for the supervision of pool patrons, maintaining training standards, daily pool maintenance and operational activities, and record keeping. This position maintains and improves facilities and programs, while creating and maintaining public awareness and resolving staff and patron issues.
• Monitors, attends to, and guards pool patrons.
• Displays the knowledge and ability to initiate and perform the Emergency Action Plan, including all procedures and skills. Performs all lifeguard skills, including first aid, CPR, emergency and safety procedures, and rescue maneuvers. Operates all applicable equipment.
• Attends required in-service trainings per month, maintains weekly swimming, and pre-season training and daily training requirements.
• Exhibits a high degree of customer service skills and positive attitude with staff and customers at all times, and creates and maintains good public relations. Observes and aides in communication and enforcement of policies and procedures to staff and the public to promote safety. Resolves sensitive, significant and controversial issues from personnel and patrons, while promoting friendly and courteous attitudes.
• Assists and performs daily setup and cleaning of facility, daily activities and programs, events and operations, and maintenance of equipment.
• Complies with, and promotes, safety and sanitary regulations according to federal, state, county, local and organizational requirements. Makes routine inspections of facilities to determine functionality and safety, including restrooms, pool deck, and inside and outside the pool perimeter, and reports unsatisfactory conditions. Maintains pool cleanliness. Performs daily cleaning of facility and grounds.
• Completes required reports and records including incidents, first aid and rescues, payroll, daily logs, accurately and on time as required and assigned.
•Must be at least 15 years of age
•Must have current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification with the Waterpark module, or ability to obtain prior to employment date.
• The City of Lenexa does offer the Lifeguard Training classes to candidates.
Candidates must successfully complete the following:
•Possess good customer service skills and emergency response.
Previous experience in lifeguarding. Lifeguard Instructor and/or Waterpark Instructor certifications, Water Safety Instructor, and Blood Borne Pathogens certification.
Rate of pay Starting pay is $10.00 per hour. City residency is not required. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug test. A background check is required, if over the age of 18. Meet and attend mandatory training hours and requirements.
***Benefits of this position include the Use of the Rec Center Facility to work out before/after your shift.
To apply please complete an online application at www.lenexa.com/jobs. Be sure to attach your resume reflecting your work history and/or applicable experience you have (work, volunteer, school activities, etc.). Applications will be reviewed as they are received. The City of Lenexa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE.