Certified Medical Assistant - Sandy Clinic
Job ID: 107335
Location: Sandy, Oregon
Full/Part Time: Full Time
CLACKAMAS COUNTY CORE VALUES
Clackamas County employees work to serve the public and enrich our community. In that spirit, we pledge to hold ourselves to these standards at all times in our interactions with customers and one another:
• Individual accountability
By incorporating these values into our daily routines, we can better serve our customers, ourselves and our projects. We're always looking to improve. That's the Clackamas County SPIRIT.
Clackamas County is committed to building a community where people thrive, have a sense of safety, connection, and belonging, so that everyone is honored and celebrated for the richness in diversity they bring. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds and lived experience to apply.
This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed weekly on Thursday. We reserve the right to close this recruitment at any time.
PAY AND BENEFITS
Annual Pay Range: $52,203.83 - $65,833.47
Hourly Pay Range: $25.097997 - $31.650705
Salary offers will be made within the posted pay range and will be based on a candidate's experience (paid or unpaid) that is directly relevant to the position.
Clackamas County proudly offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including competitive wages, cost-of-living adjustments, merit increases (for eligible employees), and a robust sick and vacation plan for regular status employees.
We encourage and support employee health and wellness by offering, health and wellness classes and events, and alternative care benefits, so you can customize your wellness needs to fit your lifestyle.
Employee benefits become effective the first of the month following an employee's date of hire.
Attractive benefits package and incentives for employees in regular status positions are detailed below.
Generous paid time off package, including:
• 12 hours of vacation accrued per month
• Eligible newly hired employees will have the one-time option to frontload their first year of vacation accruals in compliance with https://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/a51ff5d3-d243-49ba-aa11-15324f4c0bf8! This means you have access to vacation time at time of hire.
• 8 hours of sick accrued per month
• 10 paid holidays and 1 personal day per year
• Membership in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)/Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP):
• Employer paid 6% PERS retirement contribution (The county currently pays the employee's share of the retirement contribution.)
• OPSRP members get vested after five years of contributions or when they reach age 65
• A Choice of Medical Plans that include chiropractic coverage, alternative care, vision, and prescription drug coverage
• A Choice of Dental Plans
• Robust EAP and wellness programs, including gym discounts and wellness education classes
• Longevity pay
• Other retirement Savings Options that allow for additional retirement funds savings, including an option to contribute a portion of employee earnings on a pre or post-tax basis to a 457b Deferred Compensation Plan
• A variety of additional optional benefits (see links below for additional information)
This is a full time County position represented by the Employees' Association.
JOB DETAILS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Clackamas County Sandy Health Center is looking for a motivated and team-oriented Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) to join our beautiful, brand new clinic located in the heart of Sandy. In this role you will provide routine medical assistance to professional health care providers and care team administrative support. We are committed to using the latest in medical practices that focus on each patient as an individual, and we work to take care of the health and wellness of the whole person. We work in an interdisciplinary team that provides primary care, behavioral health, dental, and pharmacy services all under one roof and take pride in providing high quality healthcare to Clackamas County residents.
This is an exciting opportunity to not only use your skills and knowledge, but have the opportunity to work with a wide-range of skilled professionals and serve a very diverse group of patients! As a member of the team, you must maintain a caring and supportive attitude towards patients, family members, visitors, providers and co-workers. CMAs assist in maintaining a smooth, punctual, and efficient patient flow.
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
• Current certification/registration as a Medical Assistant by a nationally recognized program.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate.
• Experience in primary family care and/or pediatric care clinic.
• Must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. https://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/69fd8013-4594-4afd-bee9-f1e0aeab42ea
• Must pass a criminal history check which may include national or state fingerprint records check
• Driving may be necessary for County business. For position(s) with occasional/incidental driving, incumbents must possess a valid driver's license. Accommodation requests for an acceptable alternative method of transportation will be reviewed on an individual basis in compliance with State and Federal legislation. For position(s) with regular driving, incumbent(s) must also possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment. http://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/828106a0-265a-47cc-a3a6-0a2c8b028673
*For Veterans qualified for Veteran's Preference: If you believe you have skills that would transfer well to this position and/or special qualifications that relate to this position, please list those skills and/or qualifications in the open-ended question at the end of the application and explain how those skills and/or qualifications relate to this position.
PATIENT PREPARATION AND ASSISTANCE
• Greet and instruct patients on visit process.
• Prepare patient for provider by taking vital signs, and anthropometric information.
• Record appropriate objective and subjective health information.
• Set up exam room and labs with appropriate supplies and equipment and assist provider with delegated tasks of routine nature.
• Work with providers and other staff to create and maintain an effective patient flow.
• Give directions to clients regarding specimen collection and lab procedures to be performed as indicated by provider.
• Collect specimens, prepare, process and transport them to appropriate areas of the lab using sterile and sanitary techniques
• Perform routine diagnostic tests and records results.
• Participate in established quality assurance and quality control processes.
• Record routine lab results in medical record or on laboratory logs.
• Clean, stock and maintain supplies in exam rooms and laboratories.
• Clean and maintain lab equipment and medical supplies using sanitary and sterile techniques and the use of an autoclave.
• Assist medical staff with inventory control procedures of vaccines, medications, supplies and equipment.
• Inventory and order medical supplies and materials.
MEDICAL OFFICE TASKS
• Perform person-focused support tasks such as front office reception and registration, placing or returning telephone calls, data entry, processing referrals.
MEDICAL RECORDS TASKS
• Update and maintain patient information and files in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) in a confidential manner.
• Complete appropriate release of information documentation and requests.
• Review and update demographic information, document clinic activity, lab and anthropometric results.
INJECTIONS AND PHLEBOTOMY
• Under Physician direction and supervision, administer certain immunizations, injections, administer medications, and draw blood according to policy and procedures.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
This position works 40 hours during a standard workweek of Monday through Friday (primary schedule: M, T, Th, Fri 8am-5pm, Weds 10am-7pm based on department needs) .
Specific hours of work will be discussed with the candidate selected for this position at the time an offer of employment is extended. This position is designated as on-site/in-person. It is expected that the selected candidate will perform duties at the specified on-site work location.
EXPLORE CLACKAMAS COUNTY
Clackamas County is in a prime location in the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area and is recognized nationally as one of the most livable areas in the United States. Located on the southern edge of the City of Portland and extending to the top of Mt. Hood, Clackamas County is part of a thriving region in the Northwest. It has a population of about 420,000 residents.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Clackamas County Health Centers provide direct medical, dental, and mental health services to Clackamas County residents.
We provide services at our Integrated Primary Health Care Clinics, our mental health clinics, or through our School Based Health Centers.
Health Centers is a Division of the http://www.clackamas.us/h3s/
Clackamas County only accepts online applications.
Help With Your Application:
If you have any questions or issues you may contact the Department of Human Resources at 503-655-8459 or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Application%20Materials%20Question. Our office hours are Monday - Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time (closed on Fridays).
HOW TO CLAIM VETERAN'S PREFERENCE
Clackamas County does not offer visa sponsorships. Once a job applicant has accepted a position, they will be required to complete an I-9 and confirm authorization to work in the United States prior to their first day.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Clackamas County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential elements that create and foster a welcoming workplace. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation, disability or any other factor unrelated to the essential functions of the job.
If you wish to identify yourself as a qualified person with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and would like to request an accommodation, please address the request to the Department of Human Resources prior to the recruitment close date. You may request an accommodation during the online application process.
Jenn Johnson, Recruiter
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4995745
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.