The City of Bend is currently the 2nd fastest growing City in the United States. We are looking for an aspiring, talented professional desiring an opportunity to learn city operations, complete important projects and work alongside City and Council leaders on strategies addressing current issues while also keeping a focus on future community and City of Bend priorities.
Reporting to City Manager, the Strategic Initiatives Manager supports Council and will become a key connector of information. The position will assist with conducting, analyzing and presenting research to facilitate City Council and department policy decision-making to support City Council established goals.
A successful applicant will demonstrate leadership potential, commitment to public service and community engagement and will be able to:
- Build and strengthen networks and relationships with community partners and stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes that align City services and solve complex challenges through creative people-centric solutions
- Champion diversity, equity and inclusion by valuing the strengths and benefits of participation from members of Black, Indigenous people of color (BIPOC), marginalized or underrepresented communities
- Identify and recommend emerging trends and innovations in the field of municipal government management
- Go! No day is the same. We are a fast-paced, nimble, and inclusive team.
- Live and work in an exceptional, engaged community with unprecedented access to the outdoor lifestyle
Why will you will love Bend?
- Competitive compensation ($77,552 - $94,215 annually) and subject to an Employment Agreement
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday, and performance leave)
- City-paid Oregon PERS retirement
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Retirement Account (HRA) funding with a VEBA transfer
- Life and long term disability insurance
- A value-based intentional culture that invests in your personal and professional growth
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree; New or recent graduates with a Master’s degree in Public Administration, Political Science or equivalent strongly preferred and encouraged to apply
- Lived experience or demonstrated knowledge of the lived experience of systemically non-dominant community members including, but not limited to, BIPOC, marginalized or underrepresented communities strongly preferred and encouraged to apply.
- Government experience is a plus… not a requirement
- Strong business acumen, communication, time management, and relationship management skills
- Comfortability working in a dynamic a politically sensitive environment with multiple competing priorities and tight deadlines which will require work outside of regular business hours,
To Apply: Visit our website BendOregon.gov/jobs to apply online.