The City of Pflugerville, where quality meets life, is growing and improving every day and we are always on the lookout for outstanding individuals to join our team! Currently, we are in search of a Regulatory Operator III. See the essential duties and responsibilities below. We will be selecting applicants for this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Directly supervises the regulatory crew in the required operational and maintenance duties of the water conservation and regulatory department.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining records, both operational and regulatory.
- Performs the required operational laboratory tests, and compliance sampling.
- Advises the Water Conservation/ Regulatory Manager of needed maintenance or operations in the regulatory crew.
- Performs Customer Service inspections, Dam maintenance/ inspections, and irrigation evaluations.
- Responsible for the training of new employees assigned to the regulatory crew.
- Communicates with all utility personnel regarding Cross Connection Control, Backflow Prevention, water conservation and sampling requirements.
- Inspects, operates and performs routine maintenance on Backflow Prevention Assemblies, and Cross Connection Control, Water & Wastewater Treatment Systems.
- Responsible for the implementation of appropriate safety standards.
- Investigate complaints related to violations of the cross connection/ backflow regulations and codes.
- Performs On-Call duties; Weekend and Holidays.
- Does follow up inspections as required by City Code, City Ordinances and State Law.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years' experience in operating and maintaining Backflow Prevention, Cross Connection Control, sampling requirements for TCEQ, and water conservation.
- Minimum of Backflow Prevention Assembly Testers License, Customer Service Inspectors License, and Class B Distribution License.
- Valid Texas Driver's License
If you are someone interested in making a difference in the community and wish to be a part of the Pflugerville team, go to https://pflugervilletx.applicantpool.com/jobs/493465.html and apply!