The City of Pflugerville, where quality meets life, is growing and improving every day and we are always on the lookout for outstanding individuals to join our team! Currently, we are in search of a Logistics Specialist. See the essential duties and responsibilities below. We will be selecting applicants for this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates with vendors to obtain quotes for department's equipment and supplies, including but not limited to vehicles and radios.
- Assist administrative staff with equipment and supply budget to ensure the most cost effective alternatives are identified when planning expenditures.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders and work orders for supplies needed.
- Maintain department inventory in conjunction with the city software program.
- Manages department credit card.
- Coordinates the installation of equipment with the appropriate designated installer.
- Orders and maintains the inventory of all department equipment and supplies, including to whom it is assigned and where it is located.
- Arranges for the service, repair, and maintenance of department equipment. Obtains bids for larger expenditures, tracks equipment warranty and service schedules, arranges for replacement, service, or repair as needed, and may pick up and deliver vehicles and equipment to departments or vendors. Assists with facilitating fleet maintenance.
- Communicates and maintains working relationships with others in carrying out job functions.
- Performs all job duties in compliance with safety guidelines.
- Maintain department's safety and emergency equipment.
- Maintain required records and other regulations.
- Assist in the compliance of local, state, and federal rules and regulations in regards to safety and records management.
- Provides logistical support for department operations for planned and unplanned events.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of logistics, fleet, or equipment inventory experience is preferred.
- Forklift certification (preferred).
- Valid Class C Texas driver license.
If you are someone interested in making a difference in the community and wish to be a part of the Pflugerville team, go to https://pflugervilletx.applicantpool.com/jobs/498061.html and apply!