The City of Pflugerville, where quality meets life, is growing and improving every day and we are always on the lookout for outstanding individuals to join our team! Currently, we are in search of a Facilities Maintenance Technician II. See the essential duties and responsibilities below. We will be selecting applicants for this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Completes HVAC evaluations and repairs by replacing electrical components, capacitors, air handler blower motors and belts; maintains coils; replaces condenser fan motors; ensures repair and maintenance on building A/C units.
- Maintains the electrical systems of facilities by installing ceiling fans, and additional outlets and lighting fixtures; upgrades to new components; changes ballasts; replaces or resets time clocks and photo cells.
- Manages plumbing systems by repairing and upgrading faucets; maintains garbage disposals, toilets, kitchen bathrooms and sinks, water heaters, drain pipes, and showers.
- Performs general services by installing and patching drywall; touch up and complete interior paint; works on high security gate; maintains alarm system, and elevators; determines level of repair; troubleshoots and performs preventative maintenance; re-arranging furniture and equipment as needed; maintains understanding of carpentry practices; installs flooring.
- Performs all functions focusing on safety for self, co-workers, and city customers alike.
- Other related or unrelated duties as assigned.
- Valid Class C Texas driver's license
- At least two (2) years of experience in facility maintenance work or a position that required similar skills. Completion of a related certificate, AAS, or AA program from an accredited college, university or vocational school may substitute for work experience.
If you are someone interested in making a difference in the community and wish to be a part of the Pflugerville team, go to https://pflugervilletx.applicantpool.com/jobs/494544.html and apply!