The City of Pflugerville, where quality meets life, is growing and improving every day and we are always on the lookout for outstanding individuals to join our team! Currently, we are in search of a part-time Kennel Technician. See the essential duties and responsibilities below. We will be selecting applicants for this position.
To maintain the animal shelter, its environment, minimize animal stress and provide a high quality stay for the animals. Feed, water, exercise animals daily. Sanitize entire facility on a daily bases. Perform maintenance as needed to maintain the animal shelter facility in good working order. Assists with overall welfare of the animals coming into the animal shelter facility. Enhancing the quality of life for the animals during their stay at the facility. Promote a positive image and working relationship with the public, in which we serve.
- Clean and disinfect all dog kennels, cat cages, outdoor kennels, portable carries used and other animal cages. Feed and water all shelter animals as required. Interact with, walk and exercise all animals as demeaned appropriate.
- Assists Animal Services Staff as needed with intake, adoption and reclaim of animals.
- Administers required medications and vaccinations.
- Clean and disinfect all used feeding bowls, utensils, and bedding.
- Clean and maintain all facility buildings as required to project a professional image at all times.
- Maintain and request as needed the ordering of an adequate supply of all necessary feed, cleaning supplies and maintenance supplies (dog food, cat food, gloves, disinfecting cleaners, weed killer, laundry soap, toilet paper, paper towels, etc.)
- Perform necessary maintenance as needed. (Outdoor kennels, apply weed killer, apply ant killer, wrap pipes, etc.). Advise supervisor of necessary maintenance needed that requires special equipment or expertise. (Main sewer line stoppage, electrical work, etc.)
- Provides quality customer service to city staff, the general public, and all other work contacts.
- Transport animals to and from vet clinics and adoption events as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Follow all Federal, State, and Local guidelines pertaining to animal shelter facilities and animal care to include but not limited to the Health & Safety Code, Standards on animal shelter facilities as described in the Veterinarian Board and the Pflugerville Daily Shelter Operations Manual.
- Ability to establish and maintain professionally effective relationships with department management and non-management employees and to interface effectively with general public and volunteers.
- Good communication (verbal and written), organization, and record-keeping/analytical skills.
- Ability to safely operate and maintain assigned City vehicles, radio and other communication devices, animal handling equipment, office equipment, grounds equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years' experience working with animals, or some combination of experience and training that provides requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities preferred.
- Valid Class C Texas driver's license.
- Vet tech experience or certification preferred.
If you are someone interested in making a difference in the community and wish to be a part of the Pflugerville team, go to https://pflugervilletx.applicantpool.com/jobs/492644.html and apply!