We are looking for an experienced program coordinator to join our Vance county School Bus Driver Training team. In this role you will:
- Train and certify school bus drivers in the classroom and behind the wheel.
- Teach safe driving procedures for school bus driver defensive driving courses, driver improvement clinics and other safety programs.
- Conduct vision and medical screenings for driver education classes.
- Provide training and certification for commercial driver training instructors.
- Inspect commercial driver training schools and vehicles for compliance with state and county laws.
- Investigate complaints involving commercial driver training schools.
- Complete required weekly reports to be submitted to the central office.
- Compile and maintain all work-related reports and files.
What You Bring
- Experience developing and revising lesson plans.
- Ability to complete and maintain reports and files.
- Technical skills with Microsoft Office.
- Experience examining and evaluating information and making decisions based on analysis.
- Can lift and carry equipment/supplies weighing approximately 50lbs.
- Must be able to stoop, bend and look under and climb in and out of school buses.
- Pre-employment drug testing required as a condition of employment.
- A release form (ALCDRG-01) and background statement (ALCDRG-06) must be completed and signed during interview allowing NCDOT to check with previous employers for the past two years about controlled substance and alcohol testing
- A commercial driver license class B permit must be obtained within 30 days and commercial driver Class B license within 60 days of employment.
- No driver license suspensions or revocations within 5yrs and no more than 5 active points.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an appropriately accredited institution and two (2) years of experience related to the area of assignment; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Call me: Tameka Peoples at 919-615-5040
Follow NCDOT Careers on
See all our DMV jobs at: bit.ly/mydmvjobs
See DMV Temp jobs at bit.ly/NCDMVtempjobs
See all NCDOT jobs at: bit.ly/ncdotjobs